SAFETY & SECURITY
Safety and Security is our top priority at Berryhill Childcare. Please take a look at some of the procedures we have in place and contact us to schedule a tour.
- All staff receive a Level One, local and FBI, background screening before employment with our centers.
- Staff are trained in infant, child, and adult CPR and First Aid, communicable disease control, and child abuse recognition.
- We use only lifeguard certified staff in swimming pool area.
- Only those pre-approved by the person who completed the registration form, will be authorized to give permission for others to pick up their children.
- All pre-approved people must present photo Identification to pick up your child.
- Under no circumstances will access to information, status, or pick up authorization be given over the telephone.
- Our centers are equipped with a biometric entry system to ensure only authorized personnel are entering our facilities.
- We train for all types of emergencies including fire, Storms, and unauthorized intrusion, (strangers).
- We have an emergency evacuation plan for each classroom.
- We regularly test and train our staff for each emergencies.
- We have strict policies for administering medications to your child to ensure they are protected.
- We can only administer emergency medications including eppi pins and inhalers.
- All medications are stored securely out of the reach of children.
- We have safe and sturdy playground equipment.
- We do monthly playground inspections.
- All outside play areas are wrapped in secure 6 foot locked fences.
- Berryhill Childcare is licensed through the state of Florida Department of Children and Families.
- We follow all State guidelines for staff to child ratios and supervision.
- Our inspection reports can be found online at myflorida.com/childcare.
- Our centers are cleaned and sanitized daily.
- We clean and disinfect toys daily.
- Our cleaning supplies are kept out of the reach of children in locked storage.
- Children are encourage to wash their hands, or assisted with washing their hands after using the restroom, coming in from outside, and before meals.
- Health checks are done daily in each classroom by talking with parents and monitoring children for symptoms during the course of each childs day.
- We notify parents and isolate, when a child does not feel well to help prevent communicable illness from spreading.
- We have specific policies in place for most common communicable illness including: Lice, Strep, Fevers, and diareaha.
- Our centers include fire control systems that are inspected annually by Santa Rosa County and local fire control companies.
- Our fire control Systems include smoke detectors, duct detectors, pull Stations, and fire extinguishers.
- Our fire control system is monitored by the fire department and 911 operators.
- We have video monitoring in all of our classrooms.
- We accept children with food allergies at our centers.
- No outside food can be brought into our centers unless authorized by the director.
- Only pre-packaged and labeled items can be brought in for parties and celebrations.
WHAT PARENTS ARE SAYING!
We currenly have openings in all of our classes. This includes ages from 24 months to school age. Please contact our center to get information on registering today.